Prateep V Philip - Deputy Inspector General of Police ,
1987 vintage, has distinguished himself as a versatile pioneer and innovator. In recognition of his work, Prateep V Philip was awarded the inaugural British Gurukul Scholarship for Excellence and Leadership (1997) for a multidisciplinary study of management at the London School of Economics. He established the first higher education in India between Tamil Nadu Police Training and the British Police Training, Bramshill, UK.
- Selected for the award of British Gurukul Chevening Scholarship for Excellence and Leadership out of 2000 outstanding candidates from all professions and parts of the country based on performance in two interviews.
- Secured First Rank out of one hundred thousand students in the Pre University Examinations in the State of Karnataka.
- Secured National Talent Search scholarship based on an All India Competitive Examination and interview.
- Awarded National Merit Scholarship.
- Secured University rank in M.A. Examination with Economics, Political Science and International Relations as Majors.
- Secured the highest aggregate in all B.A. Examinations with Economics, Political Science and History as majors.
- Secured first place in French language examination in the university as also Trez Bien grade in the Diploma Superieure Course of Alliance Francaise.
- Published articles in leading Indian Newspapers from 1981 onwards.
- Secured prizes in debates, essay contests, extempore speaking, dramatics and quizzes. One of the very few to secure First Prize in both Debating and Oratorical contests in the National Police Academy.
- Participated in panel discussions on All India Radio. Conducted Jubilee Quiz on Doordarshan Metro as Quiz Master. Conducted a Crime Quiz and Motley Quiz on DD, Metro.